Monday, January 30, 2012

Why Are You Carrying That bag of Rocks?

What if, while on your journey, you came across someone who was moving at a much slower pace. It then became clear to you that the reason why he was struggling so much: he had a bag of rocks tied to his back! Anyone of us would wonder "Why?!"
It's not only important to have a destination in our journey of life, but it helps to travel efficiently along that path. When we hang on to past hurts or our own sin, they become like a bag of rocks weighing us down. That bag just gets bigger and bigger and more burdensome. Soon, we find it impossible to function properly. Self medication doesn't solve the problem, nor does self-destructive addictive behavior. The only way to experience true freedom is to forgive those who have hurt us and to ask Jesus to forgive us for our sins.
I address the latter of those two solutions in today's video blog. Jesus said,"Come unto Me all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest."
As for my art, I'm making progress on the left panel of the triptych.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place where you are. I am really jealous of how you get to make that journey and be where God wants you to be. You should not take it for granted. Value this and enjoy all of it. I really hope you get to where you are wanting to be. Take care and I hope I get to see you some time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do value these experiences. I've had a life time of them in the past 4 years. It is difficult trying to find that next place where the Lord wants me, though (been mostly trials, learning how to dye to self, and trust God).

    ReplyDelete