Friday, September 9, 2016

Three Weeks of Studio Production

Here are three pieces that I've been working on since having been issued a studio space in the Strassner off-campus building.
"Back to Fish 2" This is a remake of a piece I did several years ago (a favorite which was accidentally destroyed). I've got to make some adjustments on the left arm and do much more glazing.

"Celestial Tree" This abstract composition just received its first layer of glazing and will have a few "ghost-like" images, from very old family photos, drawn/sketched in various places, and in varying scale, on the picture plane.

"Graham" This portrait, of the brother of a former student of mine, is in the first stages of development: initial squirted plaster line, added texture, black paint over texture to create a fine ridge-line delineation, after future sanding. 



2 comments:

  1. Danielle: Hey Mr. myers, sorry for not keeping in touch. I don't really have a real reason except for getting distracted. I'm still doing art except this ear I'm not taking a class at school. I've heard good things about the teacher though.
    Some of the things you taught me in class, I still remember and they've been very useful. Like, always using more than you think you need just in case, and the joy of making very rough sketches when it comes to drawing people (specifically soldier boys), and drawing trees. In fact, I'm drawing a tree right now.
    Well, anyways.. i hope everything is going well over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note. No worries about lack of communication...I barely keep in touch with my friends because I am so busy these days. Things are moving along quickly, though: I'm already applying for college level teaching positions around the Midwest (yep, for Fall 2017!). I'm glad that you're keeping up with some personal art. Say "Hi" to the gang for me.

      Delete