Monday, August 12, 2019

What I've Really Been Up To for the Past 2 Years!

Here's the reason why I haven't been able to get much art done over the past couple of years.


I had this storage/garage building dropped off in June of 2017. This pic was taken later that Winter. I had already framed up the interior and installed about 70% of the insulation by the time the cold weather hit.
Even with the wood burning stove, I wasn't able to fight off the record breaking cold temps. I ended up staying at my church for the month of Jan. '18.

Running everything off grid 
with solar has been manageable (the well with submersible pump is located below the array on the right).

 Bedroom being painted (I'll include a finished photo later).
The art studio is actually in that next very small space...okay, it's a "tiny house"!
Kitchen was completed along with everything else last year.

  
Added this carport, as well.


 Along with caring for the pecan orchard, I have to maintain the open 8 acres of fields (takes about 5 hours to mow with this zero turn).
Added this screened in patio earlier this year.

 Just completed the deck on the North end of the cabin.










There's room for a hot tub adjacent to the deck on the West side.
I've also got a raised bed vegetable garden going (with the help of my sister!).







No comments:

Post a Comment