Thursday, January 9, 2020

Getting those gears going again.

The Holiday break has offered me some time to work in the framing department at Michaels, read some books in my endless stack, preach a sermon at my church, and get back to doing some art.

This is a made up landscape started a couple of years ago. I covered the lauan support with an extracted, very fine, Kentucky clay. Then glazed with Golden acrylic pigment.

The sea turtle emerged from a recent abstract effort to restart my art production. It's built from my regular mixed media technique, except for the use of 1/4" drywall support (my new way to go: no further problems with adhesiveness!). I'm still glazing and will take a better pic when done.


3 comments:

  1. I love both of the paintings! Are you interested in displaying any at the restaurant for sale?
    Thanks, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's possible. We can talk at NGCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your dedication and effort

    ReplyDelete