Monday, February 27, 2012

The 30 Days is Over.

Well, there were a few factors that confirmed my time was up: too many frozen toes, an air mattress that sprung a leak (and kept leaking even after patches on top of patches), and a simple desire to get back home. Even though I did not get a specific answer from the Lord, I did get a clear strategy with several doors that will be opened or closed within a month or so. I guess that they could be called plan A, B, C, and D (or, if I consider the failed plans from the past year: F, G, H, and I).

I wasn't able to fast as much as I had expected to, and there were fewer opportunities to share my faith than anticipated. Also, I found that working on my art while on the road is not very practical. Lower than normal temperatures and some overcast skies interfered a bit. As I mention in the following video, it will take me a couple of months to finish the triptych. I'll want to finish glazing the icon in a more controlled environment.

My greatest spiritual fulfillment from this part of my life journey is reaching a level of availability and submissiveness to the Lord; the greatest sense of freedom from self that I've had in a long time. To be at peace while hovering in a holding pattern is a new experience for me. Of course, seeing the sights and getting close to the wonder of God's creation is always a great bonus. To God belongs all the glory and praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment