Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Way is Narrow, the Path is Not Always Smooth.

What I find most dishonest about the prosperity preaching movement is that they dismiss the whole concept of suffering and what the Lord plans to accomplish through it. Just look more closely at the beatitudes and see what it is that will truly make us happy: being poor in spirit, humble, persecuted, etc. Or consider the life of Joseph in the Old Testament. 14 years going down a zig-zag path of dangers, promotions, and failures. All to be brought to that place of God's purpose and God's glory.

The camping that I'm doing in the South West is certainly roughing it, but I'm used to it. Two years ago I finished bicycling 14,000 miles through 29 of the United States and 8 countries in the European Union. I biked through the Appalachians once, and the Rockies and the Alps twice; through dark, rain, snow, blazing heat, and headwinds. But that was primarily "self-inflicted".
These recent months have been more challenging spiritually and that's part of what I want to share with you in today's video.

Oops, I cut the video short by accident. It was just a bit about how new glazing with acrylics is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment