Wednesday, February 22, 2012

God's Commands Give Us Authority.

My 30 days in the desert will soon be over. I hope that these blogs have a been a blessing to the few of you who have come along with me on this part of my journey.

Read Joshua 1:6-9. Joshua was given a huge commission! And the Lord knew that it was an impossibility for him to accomplish by his own strength. So, what was the link to God's strength to be able to face his insurmountable task? His Word. In particular, the commands of the scriptures. In our times of struggle we often gravitate toward the promises found in Bible, but in the text we see that obeying the commands also carry a promise. Prosperity and success are guaranteed.

"How about just overcoming my trial?!" Yes, there's promise for that, too. In John 10: 17-18, Jesus made a connection between His authority to lay down and take up His own life to the command that He was given from the father. You see, this is the faith of the Centurion: just say the word and my servant will be healed. The command from a superior gives the one carrying it out the same authority as if the commander were doing it himself. So, when we are commanded to be strong and courageous, we are being given the authority to be exactly that and to carry out the task, just as if God were with us to bring it about Himself. In fact, according to v.9, God IS with us and working to achieve His goal through us!

I tried to edit this video down so that it would fit a time limit...what a butcher job!
The last point that I was trying to make about the color was that when I coat the painted surface with Polycrylic, the intensity of the hues will increase by 50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment